We are two weeks into the 2012 season, and the doom and gloom that was predicted to be the White Sox season has not yet materialized. Tonight, the Sox push their winning streak (on the road, on the West Coast) to 4 games after sweeping the Mariners and winning the opener of a series in Oakland. Throw in
* Jake Peavy opening up 3-0 with a nonexistent WHIP and just adding a complete game win.
* Adam Dunn is not sucking. Really … he isn’t!
* A.J. Pierzynski is off to a hot start (standing at and squatting behind the plate)
* Paul Konerko is off to a great start.
* We have almost (almost) forgotten the non-existent season Alex Rios had last year.
*And, uhhh … Phillip Humber did a thing.
Throw in the Cubs dedicating their season to the 100th anniversary of the Titanic by collectively sinking like 46 tons of twisted, hulking steel into the cold depths of the National League Central. Word is the new Cubs management will be holding a special day where Bill Paxton will pass through the stands looking for a lost diamond. At least in baseball, things are well.
Keep going Robin’s batmen!